Monday, January 14, 2013

Who says you can't revamp a blog?

"Even if I lived in a box, I'd never drink wine from a box."

That's what I used to say. Then I discovered Old Vine Zin from Bota Box, thanks to my neighbor, Jenny from da Block. I may or may not be currently drinking a glass (or two) of OVZ as I write this blog. I used to say a lot of things... then I actually lived life and discovered that people aren't perfect. Speaking of perfect, I'm far from being perfect (I mean far). Yes, I'm notorious for calling people out on their BS, but rest assured, I'm even better at calling myself out on my own BS. It turns out that I'm my own worst critic, and there's probably nothing you could tell me that I haven't already thought of myself.

This started as a food blog. Then I realized that I don't have tons of time to post step-by-step pictures, and I'm embarrassed of how little I've been able to cook these past few months (mainly because I've been so freaking busy.) I find writing cathartic. I used to blog with quite the following on MySpace--you know, before a bunch of slutty teenagers took over the site with their glitter graphics and pictures of themselves making duck lips in their bathroom mirrors. I have a strange sense of humor, which most people find offensive. Speaking of offensive, I'm rarely offended. If you're easily offended, I'd suggest finding another blog to read... like a gardening blog, or perhaps a blog about motherhood (you know, where the moms talk about how perfect their children are, and they all compare each other's labor stories?) Have I mentioned that I'm a stickler when it comes to spelling and grammar? I'll still write about cooking (aka: my therapy). Since I've been eating Paleo for quite some time, I'll mostly be posting Paleo recipes. I'll also write about my hippy causes (trying to save my children's school district from corporate greed), trying to raise my children into productive members of society, crossfit, brewing beer, drinking tequila, and exploring the great state of Colorado. If that sounds interesting to you, feel free to subscribe and be entertained (I've been told that I'm the funniest person I know.) If not, move along, Cowboy, this blog is obviously not for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment