Wednesday, October 5, 2011

El Jeffé's Birthday Meal

Like I said in my previous blog: birthday weeks are a big deal around here. So big, in fact, that I'm barely getting around to writing this blog.

For Jeff's pièce de résistance, I decided to make all of his favorites. El Jeffé is a simple man who doesn't ask for much. The poor guy works his buttocks off AND puts up with his feisty Mexican wife, so I tend to go a little overboard for his birthday meal. I've inserted hyperlinks to my recipes in case you would like to create them in the comfort of your own home.

Birthday Menu:
Green Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing

Ribeye Steak, grilled to perfection
Crab Legs
Homemade Macaroni and Chérieezy
Homemade Chocolate-Covered Toffee and Caramel Ice Cream
Crème Brûlée, topped with fresh berries


We celebrated his birthday with our dear friends, The Zaleskis, and had a great time. As always, I've included step-by-step instructions for every recipe. Let me know if you try any of them! Here are some pictures of our fantastic dinner:


Homemade Ice Cream with Toffee and Caramel








No comments:

Post a Comment